Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old May 14th 2006, 06:27 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Kung Foo Fighting

Is It True That The Foo Fighters Done A Mock-Up Cover Of This Song, And If So Can Any1 Tell Me The Link To Download It?

Lifes A Waste Of Time And Times A Waste Of Life So Get Wasted All The Time And You'll Have The Time Of Your Life
Old May 14th 2006, 07:46 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Kung Foo Fighting

They didnt do this song. Not that I know of at least.

Atlanta Braves Baseball

MEMORY APPRAISAL

18 CAR PILEUP

Old May 14th 2006, 09:35 PM
Look for the helpers

no.

its just that when you do a search for "foo Fighters" on a song engine, it takes "foo fighters" and matches it with "kong foo fighting"
Old May 14th 2006, 09:55 PM
I'll Stick Around

It's Just A Friend Of Mine Said He Heard It, And I Became Very Interested.

Lifes A Waste Of Time And Times A Waste Of Life So Get Wasted All The Time And You'll Have The Time Of Your Life
Old May 14th 2006, 10:16 PM
Look for the helpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingFoo06
It's Just A Friend Of Mine Said He Heard It, And I Became Very Interested.
i think your friend was trying to impress you, or beat yout foo-ness
Old May 14th 2006, 10:38 PM
Administrator

also there is a mislabel going around on alot of P2P programs labled -

Foo Fighters - Kung Foo Fighting (RARE!)

It is infact just the original by Carl Douglas, foo's have never covered it afaik.
Old May 15th 2006, 02:13 AM
Cause everyone's just too weird

It'd be great if they did though. I can see some great comedy coming from the Foos if they did. I can also see it being done on Letterman.
Old May 15th 2006, 02:57 AM

they need to, as like, a career monument point or something.

-Dave Eric Grohl

Roswell Thread: 2005.

Old May 15th 2006, 04:46 AM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Lightbulb Kung Fu VS. Foo Fighting: To clarify

...But, you see, "Kung Fu Fighting" and "Foo Fighters" are completely different things. Kung Fu refers, generally, to martial arts. Whereas Foo Fighters refers to: a 1930s comic book, UFOs, or Japanese pilots in WWII. These two terms are far too often confused as being deeply connected. With "(Kung) Fu Fighting" and "Foo Fighting" being homophones, it is easily understood how the two terms, (although completely different in meaning), can be misunderstood in meaning and relationship.

...Kung Fu (aka Kong Fu or Gong Fu, referring to the region of Hong Kong, China) was made popular in the 1960s with the influx of martial arts movies, as well as tv series, from Hong Kong. Kung Fu, in my research, has been most commonly associated with the Shaolin. A history about the Shaolin can be found here.

Wikipedia.com gives a short summary on Shaolin Kung Fu as:
...Shaolin, considered as the centre of the World (for China) was a balanced style incorporating both internal and external, northern and southern, long and short, quick and slow, etc. It seeks to find the ultimate balance between the material and immaterial, physical and metaphysical, with the aim of reaching enlightenment. Although often highlighted, the external focus defence & fighting was only practiced by 5% of Shaolin Monks. These were the Warrior Monks (a sort of olden day bouncers), that focused on the Hard, External and Quick aspect of Shaolin kung fu. The remaining 95% of monks practiced Shaolin Kung Fu for health and fitness.

The peak of this style was achieved around the 12th century. At a time when a multitude of styles were practiced in Shaolin, including 10,000 Bees, Horse, Frog and even Rooster (Phoenix), Shaolin incorporated this into the 5 Animal style. With an extremely clever combination of animal styles and secondary shadow animal styles, this Shaolin combination of all/most of the styles in existence at the time, was systemised into a logical matrix of 4, (Tiger, Panther, Crane & Snake). This saw the birth of the pan-ultimate of Shaolin 5 Animal Kung Fu style. In this, the Dragon, the animal that is not, was used as a symbol for Mastery of the four.

With the 5 Animal style (one style not 5), the Shaolin defined a system that is still in use today and finds application in Personality Typing, Problem Solving, Strategy, training Styles and Conflict Management.
Whether one refers to it as "Kung Fu," "Kong Fu," or "Gong Fu," the term is associated with martial arts. These martial arts have no concrete ties with that of the aforementioned "Foo Fighters." The Asian race is the only possible connection between the two terms.

...The term "Foo Fighter" was first documented in the comic strip entitled "Smokey Stover" in 1935. In the comic, author and illustrator Bill Holman first coined the term in his comic "Smokey Stover." The "Foomobile" first came about in a piece entitled "Growing Pains." (See first frame on grill of firetruck, and see sign in second frame.) "Foo" was first spoken in a piece entitled "Fire Escape." (See second frame.)

...Funny incidences of Foo in the comic strip are prevalent throughout. Yet, one piece stands out as particularly ironic to the keen/psychotic Foo Fighters (the band) fan. Doll Rescue gives 5 slightly relevant links to the band Foo Fighters. The first simliarity is in the name, and storyline, of the comic. The Doll Rescue; "Doll" being a Foo Fighters song. The second is that there is a fire in a building, reminiscent of the Foo Fighters music video for "My Hero." The third is the film camera in the seventh frame, it says "Virginia Reel Film Co" on the side. Not only is Virginia a home to Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl, it is also the name of his mother, as well as part of the title of a song by Foo Fighters, entitled "Virginia Moon." The fourth is the saying of "Foo" by the eagle in the extra frame. The fifth is the eagle itself in the extra frame, which was an integral part of the album art of the Foo Fighters record "In Your Honor."

..."Foo Fighter" was also used as a term to describe UFO sightings over both the Europe and Pacific theatres. One thought was that these "Foo Fighters" were secret weapons used by the enemy. Although thought to be extremely dangerous, the "Foo Fighters" have never been reported as harmful, nor have been reported as trying to harm anything or anyone. Foo Fighters were also referred to as "Kraut Balls."--(no relation to this such instance.)
Another alleged use of the term "Foo Fighter" was as a derogatory term used towards the Japanese pilots--thus giving the only plausable connection between "Kung Fu" and "Foo Fighters," even though Kung Fu was/is from China and "Foo Fighters" were Japanese.

...In summation, although commonly confused as related or even one in the same, "Kung Fu Fighting" and "Foo Fighting" are two completely different ideas altogether. Between the difference of countries and histories, it is obvious to the educated that the two are, infact, quite different.

/Thom-esque answer
Maximum cycle characteristics and frequency response of high decible level have been set according to standards suggested in the Guy Stevens Producers Manual, chart B-357 in index, page 304. These recommended standards were compiled by the same authority having recently measured audible damage created by supersonic aircraft. If for any reason you do not agree with these standards,--turn it up.
Old May 15th 2006, 07:04 AM
I'll Stick Around

God! You went all out didn't you?

Old May 15th 2006, 02:43 PM

jeeze FAQ!!!

25.11.1999 Brixton Academy
25.08.2000 Reading Festival
19.11.2002 NEC Birmingham
28.08.2005 Leeds Festival
11.12.2005 NEC Birmingham
16.06.2006 Underworld
05.07.2007 Dingwalls
03.11.2007 Manchester MEN