..by the looks of it

http://rdgldgrn.tumblr.com/post/2498...with-instagram

http://rdgldgrn.tumblr.com/post/2498...with-instagram

http://instagr.am/p/LIs24kraXy/

http://instagr.am/p/LItAMSraX5/

Also, football. http://instagr.am/p/LB18mLCCjP/

http://instagr.am/p/Kojg25rafx/

http://instagr.am/p/KoFrx-LaSP/

Didnīt see this posted elsewhere, sorry if this is old news.

Last edited by Foo3001 : June 26th 2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old July 18th 2012, 01:15 PM
Insert Wookie noise here..

Default Re: Dave playing drums for RDGLDGRN

Is there any news on this?

Can't find anything on RDGLDGRN beside the website and such. When will their EP be released? What tracks does Dave play on?

Any info.....Anyone....

(part of my) Record Collection

http://www.discogs.com/user/boyschouten/collection
Old July 19th 2012, 12:37 AM
Have you found your way around

i don't even know who the fuck this is
Old July 19th 2012, 02:40 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

This is a mystery -

thereīs really no information anywhere on this band apart from the "I Love Lamp" - song,

I guess weīll just have to wait and see how this turns out. To my ears, the drums on the song sound programmed or played in layers so itīs hard to tell if itīs Dave or not.. The sound is a bit similar to Daveīs but.. I dunno.
Old July 19th 2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no code View Post
Is there any news on this?

Can't find anything on RDGLDGRN beside the website and such. When will their EP be released? What tracks does Dave play on?

Any info.....Anyone....
You could try to ask some questions on the band's Facebook page, they're quite friendly guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo3001 View Post
This is a mystery -

thereīs really no information anywhere on this band apart from the "I Love Lamp" - song,

I guess weīll just have to wait and see how this turns out. To my ears, the drums on the song sound programmed or played in layers so itīs hard to tell if itīs Dave or not.. The sound is a bit similar to Daveīs but.. I dunno.
That song was probably recorded in 2011, so it might not be Dave on drums.

EDIT: I've also found this on their Facebook page:

- Someone: 'September is a really long time to wait new jams... Any chance of just oneeeee upbeat single to fuel our summer?'
- RDGLDGRN: 'A RE RELEASE OF I LOVE LAMP feat Dave Grohl how about that?'

Milton Keynes II 2011 | Pukkelpop 2011 (cancelled) | Rock en Seine 2011 | Villa Manin 2012 | Pukkelpop 2012 | Reading 2012 | The Forum 2013 (SCP)

Last edited by Jamilia : July 19th 2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old July 20th 2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamilia View Post
That song was probably recorded in 2011, so it might not be Dave on drums.

EDIT: I've also found this on their Facebook page:

- Someone: 'September is a really long time to wait new jams... Any chance of just oneeeee upbeat single to fuel our summer?'
- RDGLDGRN: 'A RE RELEASE OF I LOVE LAMP feat Dave Grohl how about that?'
So..What do you think, is the current song the original or the re-recorded version?

EDIT: Just realised that some of the drumming photos look like a video shoot. Guess the re-release might have a new video with Dave in it aswell.

Last edited by Foo3001 : July 21st 2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old September 23rd 2012, 07:47 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Hey guys.. Gold of RDGLDGRN here!

Dave is actually drumming on the entire record. The new Lamp features his drums. The 2011 demo version we created had programmed drums (made in Logic). If I'm not mistaken, we ended up using every guitar track we recorded in the demo, with the exception of the rhythm guitar. By the way, the film crew you see is actually for Dave's filming of the Sound City Movie! Dave did an awesome interview in the live room during the day of our first session together. He also played Teen Spirit for the first time in years.. it was an incredible thing to watch that I will never forget!

Really not surprised to hear that you never heard of RDGLDGRN, mainly because we didn't exist! We were staying in Laurel Canyon during the first week of September in 2011. Green, was recording solo rap material. Red and I were supporting the project, while we were also trying to figure out what we were going to do as a three-piece band. Once we finished working on the solo material, we were left with a full day before having to catch a flight back to DC. We cranked out the instrumental of Lamp, along with a few others. Our idea was to combine the heavily percussive Washington DC music flavor called Go-go with Indie Rock/surfy guitars. You'll recognize the DC Go-go element that we used if you youtube "Backyard Band-Thug Passion"

The I Love Lamp demo landed us a deal with Fairfax/Universal Republic, late in 2011 around the time we released it to blogs. We immediately started working on new material to support what was clearly going to be our single. An EP is coming out somewhere between December 2012 and January 2013, while the album is most likely dropping in the Summer of 2013.

Hands down the best aspect of this record, for me, is a song that we wrote with Pharrell Williams. Obviously, Dave, played drums on the song, as well. As Dave put it, "That's a whole lot of Virginia!" It truly is, and it's going to be historical to put out a gem that has such brilliant artists on the same record. Pharrell is actually from Virginia Beach, Dave is from Springfield, which is very close to Reston, home of RDGLDGRN.

I'm right here if you have any more questions, it's the least I could do for my fellow Foo fans.. Take care
Old September 23rd 2012, 02:11 PM

Hey GOLD, thank You so much for filling in on what RGDLDGRN is about,

thereīs still so little info anywhere.

Still really liking the Lamp track, any info on a new single or a release of a new version of I Love Lamp?

Also, how did Dave get involved in the album?
Old September 23rd 2012, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Thanks for joining up and letting us know what's going on! Under what pretense did Dave play SLTS again? Just the drum track while jamming around or was it for a purpose, the documentary perhaps?
Old September 23rd 2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDrdgldgrn View Post
Hey guys.. Gold of RDGLDGRN here!

Dave is actually drumming on the entire record. The new Lamp features his drums. The 2011 demo version we created had programmed drums (made in Logic). If I'm not mistaken, we ended up using every guitar track we recorded in the demo, with the exception of the rhythm guitar. By the way, the film crew you see is actually for Dave's filming of the Sound City Movie! Dave did an awesome interview in the live room during the day of our first session together. He also played Teen Spirit for the first time in years.. it was an incredible thing to watch that I will never forget!

Really not surprised to hear that you never heard of RDGLDGRN, mainly because we didn't exist! We were staying in Laurel Canyon during the first week of September in 2011. Green, was recording solo rap material. Red and I were supporting the project, while we were also trying to figure out what we were going to do as a three-piece band. Once we finished working on the solo material, we were left with a full day before having to catch a flight back to DC. We cranked out the instrumental of Lamp, along with a few others. Our idea was to combine the heavily percussive Washington DC music flavor called Go-go with Indie Rock/surfy guitars. You'll recognize the DC Go-go element that we used if you youtube "Backyard Band-Thug Passion"

The I Love Lamp demo landed us a deal with Fairfax/Universal Republic, late in 2011 around the time we released it to blogs. We immediately started working on new material to support what was clearly going to be our single. An EP is coming out somewhere between December 2012 and January 2013, while the album is most likely dropping in the Summer of 2013.

Hands down the best aspect of this record, for me, is a song that we wrote with Pharrell Williams. Obviously, Dave, played drums on the song, as well. As Dave put it, "That's a whole lot of Virginia!" It truly is, and it's going to be historical to put out a gem that has such brilliant artists on the same record. Pharrell is actually from Virginia Beach, Dave is from Springfield, which is very close to Reston, home of RDGLDGRN.

I'm right here if you have any more questions, it's the least I could do for my fellow Foo fans.. Take care
welcome and thanks for giving us some info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Thanks for joining up and letting us know what's going on! Under what pretense did Dave play SLTS again? Just the drum track while jamming around or was it for a purpose, the documentary perhaps?
yes please.
Old September 23rd 2012, 03:34 PM
Visiting is pretty...

The only question I have is was the first session where he played SLTS on drums recorded by the Sound City cameras?
Old September 25th 2012, 06:27 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo3001 View Post
Hey GOLD, thank You so much for filling in on what RGDLDGRN is about,

thereīs still so little info anywhere.

Still really liking the Lamp track, any info on a new single or a release of a new version of I Love Lamp?

Also, how did Dave get involved in the album?
Thank YOU for opening this thread! I know there isn't much info out there at the moment, but I'm sure that'll kick in once we release the EP. Also, there is going to be a mini documentary that captured our experience at Sound City, in and out of the studio, that will probably be released around this time as well. It was filmed and edited by Matt Wignall, head of the art department at Fairfax Recordings. Coming soon!

Really glad you like Lamp! It will be on the EP, and we're shooting for a release in December 2012 or January 2013. If that changes, I can definitely keep you posted.

As far as Dave's involvement on the record is concerned, it came through Fairfax Recordings, which is run out of Sound City Studios! Originally, Dave was only going to drum on Lamp. After knocking out the drums for the single, he asked how many more songs we have. His response to whatever number we gave was, "Well, we better get started."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
My pleasure, thanks for existing. I cannot confirm ANYTHING regarding the Sound City film. What I can tell you is that there is a recording and film footage of a full SLTS drum take done by the maestro himself, and that it was filmed with the same cameras that were used to do a 30 minute or so interview done in the live room. The only additional footage from that day was during Dave's takes of playing on our record. RDGLDGRN was in the live room a lot of times while he was playing. Dave would knock out our songs, and basically do 3 takes of each song. On the 3rd take, he'd always go crazy, add a lot of kicks. It just made all of us laugh with excitement. Hopefully you'll get to see all of this in the film. If you don't, I guarantee you'll see it in our mini documentary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odris View Post
The only question I have is was the first session where he played SLTS on drums recorded by the Sound City cameras?
If you are referring to the first RDGLDGRN/Dave Grohl session, then yes, Dave played SLTS + did a 30 minute or so interview for the Sound City film after working on some songs for our album.

Last edited by GOLDrdgldgrn : September 25th 2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old September 25th 2012, 01:25 PM
Insert Wookie noise here..

Thanks very much for joining the forum and giving us such great inside information!

I'm really looking forward to your record. You will at least have 1 buyer when it comes out, and not just because of the fact Dave is playing on it. Really digging the music!

Again, thanks for keeping us in the loop! Keep up the good work.

(part of my) Record Collection

http://www.discogs.com/user/boyschouten/collection
Old September 26th 2012, 08:22 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by no code View Post
Thanks very much for joining the forum and giving us such great inside information!

I'm really looking forward to your record. You will at least have 1 buyer when it comes out, and not just because of the fact Dave is playing on it. Really digging the music!

Again, thanks for keeping us in the loop! Keep up the good work.
Hey man, thanks so much for the kind words/support. Really looking forward to sharing the material with you!
Old September 28th 2012, 04:12 PM

thanks for the info! great to have someone with some solid news, am looking forward to your record and docu keep us posted!
Old October 9th 2012, 04:34 PM

Hey Gold,
Wow! A Foo fan who's had Dave Grohl play drums on his new album,now that's impressive and to be involved in the Sound City thing is awesome!
I remember seeing the pics of you at Sound City when Dave was there too
Foo Fighters ~ Milton Keynes Bowl ~ 03.07.11
Foo Fighters ~ Reading Festival ~ 26.08.12
Sound City Players ~ The Forum-Kentish Town ~19.02.13

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!.../102594985219/You Know You're a Foo Fighters Fan When...FaceBook Group

[url="My photos on Jessy Green's website.[/URL]http://jessygreene.com/dwp_photos/li...-city-players/
Old October 11th 2012, 07:36 PM
Assistant Regional Manager

Hi Goldrdgldgrn,

Catchy tune, I like it. But more importantly, some of those girls in your video are hot. Hook a brother up.

Sincerely,
Pablo.

p.s. - best of luck with your future success.
Old November 8th 2012, 03:21 PM
I'll Stick Around

Hey, GOLDrdgldgrn

on the last photo, dave is drumming without a hi-hat.
did he record the drums apart from the cymbals?
I mean, he did that on songs for the deaf

thanks a lot for your info's!
Old November 8th 2012, 04:20 PM
legendary

Didn't he also do a really cute photo with them on the Sound City fb page somewhere??

This'll be cool
Old November 9th 2012, 02:59 PM
I'll Stick Around

Hey GOLD,

what does rdgldgrn stand for? Im new to you guys and diggin it.