PDA

View Full Version : Everlong

kazamoore
July 28th 2007, 09:52 PM
Hiya - I live in Poole, Dorset, England and love the Foos. My parther and I went to see them at Hyde Park last year. We are getting married next Friday (3 Aug) and would like to get hold of an accoustic version of Everlong (preferably recorded without croud noise) to play at the wedding. Can anyone help? It would be really appreciated. I have had a horrible year of chemo and radiotherapy and this song is just so right. Thank you for your help in advance. x

Jamie
July 28th 2007, 10:13 PM
This is a Dave solo version. No crowd noise: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dwv3qu

This is the 2 Meter Sessions version. Full band, very wedding-y. No crowd noise again: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cftj5a

kazamoore
July 28th 2007, 10:23 PM
Listening to one now and sounds great. Thank you so much. Any other suggestions for a foos wedding song?

Kyeb20
July 28th 2007, 10:25 PM
Go for the meter :)

Jamie
July 28th 2007, 10:34 PM
Miracle would be a good slow dance song. As would Ain't It The Life

kazamoore
July 28th 2007, 10:37 PM
Listened to both now and really like the first one. On a winner with that one we think. Thank you so much unless in your opinion there is another track but I think that this is the one. ;) Don't suppose you happen to be in Poole (England) on Friday????? Will be a good piss up! As you may have guessed!:D

kazamoore
July 28th 2007, 10:49 PM
Listened to all - Think Everlong is the kick ass wedding track where we are are concerned..... Makes up for a crappy year! Let's hope the registrar lets us play it...... however He/she is not really going to get the choice on that matter........

kazamoore
July 28th 2007, 10:58 PM
Ahhh, but we only get married once........ So can you suggest a better track? Don't do fucking lovey bloody dovey ;) and do not do church music, but we do like a bit of Foos....

kazamoore
July 28th 2007, 11:13 PM
Love all the tracks from in your honor, but it's the words particuarly which are important as I've had such a horrible time this year. We could have gone extra soppy but I want a band we really love, hence why we decided to get input from this forum and any input is very much appreciated.

kazamoore
July 28th 2007, 11:24 PM
Plus playing the live dvd from Hyde Park which we were at and it is so good! and playing it very loud. Was very drunk and having a great time dancing around with my long hair! Gonna be very strange getting married with a skin head!

Eve
July 28th 2007, 11:42 PM
both are great versions, good luck to the 2 of you:)

kazamoore
July 28th 2007, 11:45 PM
Thank you Evie - so excited to be getting married. x

Eve
July 28th 2007, 11:47 PM
I can tell, I wish you both the very best and a long and happy life together

kazamoore
July 29th 2007, 12:27 AM
Thank you for your kind words. My 5 year old daughter is do excited to be wearing a pretty dress and I have got a lovely dress from monsoon - I just hope it look's ok with no much hair! What a lovely bunch of people are on this forum, we've got the track we really want, although it would have been rather fun to have a very loud one! Thank you and everyone else for their comments and help.

Serendipity
July 29th 2007, 03:07 PM
Wanted to wish you luck for the wedding!!! I live in Poole too and saw the guys at Hyde Park last year! I hope you have a foo fighters megamix at the reception! :D Have a great time! Congratulations!

FFF4life
July 30th 2007, 01:56 AM
congrads and have u though of any other songs:) :D

kazamoore
July 31st 2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the extra good luck comments. Only just checked the thread again from the other night. Going with Everlong as love the words - would quite like a really loud one but think i'd scare my mum!

jayjayripoff
July 31st 2007, 06:40 PM
wow man, been reading through all these post, an all the best for you both and the future and ur lil un, good choice on the song aswel, u thought about times like these and walking after you? have a gud wedding :D

NewWaveDave
August 30th 2007, 08:52 PM
Kaza - So how'd it go and what songs did you play?

foogle_uk
August 30th 2007, 11:14 PM
hey, let us know how it went! im getting mmarried in october next yr and acoustic everlong is my first dance (bit of a theme!!) and we're gonna have a load of foo songs played!
hope youm are feelin gr8 and your wedding was awesome

Liss
September 17th 2007, 01:34 PM
Everlong is an awesome song for a wedding!

Foo's_Dave
September 17th 2007, 07:44 PM
In Series 7 of Friends when Monica and Chandler get married Everlong (Acoustic) plays at the end of the episode :)

Great TV show, great track.

Liss
October 1st 2007, 02:09 PM
In Series 7 of Friends when Monica and Chandler get married Everlong (Acoustic) plays at the end of the episode :)

Great TV show, great track.

Cool!

LauraJ
December 4th 2007, 06:54 PM
We're getting married in September next year and we've picked Everlong. Our wedding band have offered to play it and they are really good, but it needs to be the Foos! I found a live recording from T in the Park 2005 when I was in New York 2 years ago, so will be using that version because we were there and it was one of the best days ever. The only thing is you can hear the mental scottish crowd chanting along at the end, which I think is brilliant, but dont know how that will go for a first dance?!:)

miss_lueeze
December 4th 2007, 06:59 PM
I love the song and it's kind of "our song" but it's soooo common to be played at weddings, I'm not sure I would want it as the first dance. Saying that, I'm not sure we'd do the traditional first dance thing anyway.

Does anyone have videos of their Everlong first dance?

daggas
December 12th 2007, 10:47 AM
Im new here, just came straight to this topic.
Just picked up on what a great bunch of people there are on this board!

I would also reccomend 'home' being a great song to be played throughout the wedding.

grouch593
December 13th 2007, 09:05 PM
I would also reccomend 'home' being a great song to be played throughout the wedding.

"Wish I were with you, but I couldn't stay" ?

Captain Foo
December 14th 2007, 12:46 PM
Jesus Christ, we should just pin an Everlong Acoustic topic. It's fucking stupid how many of these we get.

someones raging :)

fookitty
December 15th 2007, 06:58 AM
"Wish I were with you, but I couldn't stay" ?

hahaha, no kidding. Probably not the best choice for a wedding song...but hey...

Josh
July 27th 2008, 04:07 AM
Chandler and Monica in friends had an everlong instrumental in the background of their wedding

solarplexus!
November 19th 2008, 03:00 AM
Uh? Isn't it on Skin and Bones?

FooFighterr2
November 19th 2008, 03:42 AM
Stacked Actors!

American
November 24th 2008, 12:06 PM
Uh? Isn't it on Skin and Bones?

She asked for a recording with no audience sounds. You can hardly hear the intro on the SnB recording, everyones hootin n hollerin so loud. Can't blame em.

Lazuline
December 10th 2008, 05:48 AM
I love Everlong, its my favorite foo song. I'd suggest another song, but then I realized that this thread was bumped from a year ago for some reason :)

FooFighterr2
December 10th 2008, 07:40 AM
My sister's wedding song was Sparks by Coldplay, it was actually really nice.

Foo Zealander
January 20th 2009, 05:10 AM
Stacked Actors!

LOL!! How about I'll Stick Around

turlykerd
February 25th 2009, 10:38 AM
links have long gone :( , but i would love these versions ... could anybody re-link the links please ??

that would make this foo - fan very happy

thanks in advance :)