PDA

View Full Version : Do Foo Fighters have any songs about Kurt Cobain?

hank01
August 24th 2005, 04:33 PM
Well, is there any song written by Foo Fighters that is in the honor of Kurt Cobain? If there is, what song is it? And what is Everlong about? Thank You

Munki Wrench
August 24th 2005, 04:40 PM
theres loads of speculation as to whether any song relates to cobain e.g. such as my hero, but the only one that is a definate is "friend of a friend" (IYH disc 2) coz dave wrote it not long after meeting kurt

hope that helps:)

welcome to the board btw!

Tim
August 24th 2005, 04:55 PM
theres loads of speculation as to whether any song relates to cobain e.g. such as my hero, but the only one that is a definate is "friend of a friend" (IYH disc 2) coz dave wrote it not long after meeting kurt

You know, I still don't even know if I buy that song being about Kurt - It was recorded after about 2 months and the whole "he said nevermind" line doesn't make sense because the Nevermind record title didn't come till months after that song was recorded.

Lots of speculation about songs from all the records being about Kurt exists. Dave's never really named one as being about him, though I doubt that out of all those lyrics, some don't address it on some level. I just don't think many of the songs are solely about Kurt.

Peter
August 24th 2005, 05:19 PM
they could have already thought of the album tilte

Sarah UK
August 24th 2005, 06:12 PM
dave isnt actually hung up about kurt like most of the magazines seem to think. everlong is about his e girlfriend from veruca salt. and my hero is about his childhood hero such as hocky stars who were ordinary.
the only song that is deffinatly about is friend of a friend,

hope that helps

the_everlong_foo
August 24th 2005, 10:50 PM
From what I've heard Dave's pretty much put at least one song on each album dedicated to kurt. on Foo Fighters there's Big Me which talks about how he's getting over kurt then on TCATS theres My Hero and February Stars as kurts birthday was in feb, in TINLTL there's breakout which again is about getting over him and One By One both Halo and Disenchanted Lullaby And on In Your Honor there's The Last Song which is so obvious! and Friend of a Friend. Thats just what I heard but it may be full of crap but read the lyrics and it does kinda make sense.

FF4889
August 25th 2005, 12:14 AM
I think it's pretty stupid for some people to say Dave never rights about Kurt and crap like that. He had to have wrote atleast something for Kurt or about him or been influenced by him in some way or another. Ive seen people here freak out over the thought Ill Stick Around being about Kurt because "Dave has better things to write about and is over that". Obviously forgeting the song was made what like a year if that after Kurts death? Im not sure what songs but I gurantee there is atleast ONE Foo Fighters song about or inspired by Kurt Cobain.

E. Stacked Actor
August 25th 2005, 03:54 AM
The Last SOng is more likely about Courtney thand Kurt if it is about either one of them.

billycorgan
August 25th 2005, 04:22 AM
the last song is about courtney love :)
my hero is def about kurt....actually i think all the songs are....

Mandy Grohl
August 25th 2005, 05:08 AM
"nevermind, there's nothing i could do..." D.o.a
"nevermind these things at all..." X- static
"he said nevermind..." friend of a friend
"Nevermind the mannequins..." M.i.a
"Nevermind what's done is done..." Still

were these 5 songs written to Kurt?!? No!
And look, i found 'neverminds' in all of them ;)

sticks
August 25th 2005, 05:57 AM
next year :confused:

Vikkie.likes.tables
August 25th 2005, 09:19 AM
Well i suppose no one really knows if there is any songs davs written about kurt..but if i was to chose one song that i think dave wrote about kurt is "friend of a friend" but i guess no one can be certain really

grohlette
August 25th 2005, 03:26 PM
Why would they? Why the Foo's lyrics have to be interpreted into some epitaph for Kurt is beyond me? Maybe you should post this question in letters to the band. You never know you may get an answer......but don't hold yer breath!

Lucie
August 25th 2005, 05:40 PM
EVERY FF song EVER is about kurt, dontcha know? the only point to FF's musical being is to rip off nirvana musically and write lyrics about kurt. sheesh, i wish dave would move on, don't you?

grohlette
August 25th 2005, 06:01 PM
The only person I know who successfully ripped off Nirvana would be Courtney Love!

squaresville
August 25th 2005, 08:30 PM
the last song is about courtney love :)
my hero is def about kurt....actually i think all the songs are....

Itīs funny everybody thinks that all songs are about Cobain and C.Love, do you guys think that all the songs paul McCartney writes is about John Lennon and Linda McCartney????

Of course some of the songs are about those two since they somehow have been a part of davesī life, but I do believe that dave has known other people than Cobain and Love thru out his life.

Lucie
August 25th 2005, 10:55 PM
The only person I know who successfully ripped off Nirvana would be Courtney Love!

nah, the foos are no more than a nirvana covers band, stuck in '95, unlike their progressive fans who can clearly look towards the future and are not still mired in events and people from well over a decade ago. wish dave would get with the picture and stop harking on about his grunge days, pfft :rolleyes:

Geanna Beanna
August 26th 2005, 03:53 AM
Well, ofcourse Dave Grohl has more people to write about in his life besides Kurt and Courtney, but, I do think he has written songs about them, separately, if I might add!

I've read like the entire Foo archive so I can't recall the exact interview but I remember him saying that every time he performs on stage he thinks of Kurt...so that has got to influence his music in some way!

I have also read interviews numerous times where Dave denies songs being about Kurt and then later says that they were about him or that he prob was thinking of Cobain when he wrote the lyrics sooooo....

I don't think "Last Song" or "The One" is about Cobain. I def think "My Hero" is partly about Cobain..."too alarming now to talk about, take your pictures down...don't the best of them bleed it out..." I also think there are elements of Kurt in "Hey Johnny Park," as when he sings, "You'll never know, am I selling you out?! Your eyes can remind me of, angels that hover above, eyes that can change from blind to blue...sit and watch your every mood." I also think there are aspects of Kurt in "Resolve," where he says "I remember watching you once upon a time...a little bit of resolve is what I need now...one more year that u're not here has gone and passed you by, what happened to you?"

But who really knows! Only Dave himself, and even then sometimes you don't even realize what you meant by your words until you re-evaluate them, especially when you have been slightly traumatized by an event.

Whatever the songs are about, they are hella good! And sometimes I just enjoy wondering and not completely knowing their meaning! :rolleyes:

UglyRedHonda
August 26th 2005, 05:19 AM
You know, I still don't even know if I buy that song being about Kurt - It was recorded after about 2 months and the whole "he said nevermind" line doesn't make sense because the Nevermind record title didn't come till months after that song was recorded.
Link: Q Magazine, 2005 (http://www.fooarchive.com/gpb/qinterview05.htm)

You always seem wary of the slightest Nirvana allusion in interviews. People will be surprised to see Friend Of A Friend on the album.
I am a bit concerned what people will make of that. But also I didn't want to edit myself. I recorded it, people thought it was a powerful song and so there it is.

It's an eerie observation of Kurt and you'd only known him a few weeks, hadn't you?
Yes, I'd just moved in with Kurt. I didn't know anybody. I had a drum set packed in one box and flew up there. I would stay up till the sun came up and sleep all day. Olympia, Washington, is fucking depressing enough and I was living with this person that I didn't know. But he had a four-track so I wrote songs: Marigold and Friend Of A Friend. It was an observation of Kurt and Krist and I.

To write, "He's never been in love/But he knows just what love is/He says, Never mind, and no one speaks" about a man you barely knew seems eerie, prescient now.
Maybe. You shoulda lived there, dude. [Starts drumming his fingers manically. He does this whenever Cobain's name comes up.]

You feel uncomfortable?
Yeah... kinda. It's tough because I played [acoustic album opener] Still for a Japanese journalist and it contains the word Nevermind. Even just the word makes people flinch or get worked up. So, yes, I feel uncomfortable because it's very personal and the one thing that everyone expects. That's what I don't like. I write a song and it's [wheedling child's voice], "Is this about fucking Courtney or Kurt? Courtney or Kurt?" You know, there have been a few other people in my life that That I have been in love with or that I fucking hate, they're not all about Kurt and Courtney.

Did you ever play Friend Of A Friend to Kurt?
No. I don't think I did. Probably not.

grohlette
August 26th 2005, 06:46 AM
I never said any Foo's records were about Courtney. I said that she was the only one to have successfully ripped off Nirvana when Dave was being accussed of ripping them off. Who the fuck do you think earns the most off of Nirvana without singing a fucking note! Who the fuck released her second album 2 weeks after Kurts death, which included use of his material? If this isn't ripping someone off I don't know what is! I couldn't give a flying fuck if Dave writes about Kurt, Courtney or the man in the moon! The fact is it's every other fucker who has a hang up over the link Dave has with Nirvana. Get over it!

grohlette
August 26th 2005, 06:50 AM
I never said any Foo's records were about Courtney. I said that she was the only one to have successfully ripped off Nirvana when Dave was being accussed of ripping them off. Who the fuck do you think earns the most off of Nirvana without singing a fucking note! Who the fuck released her second album 2 weeks after Kurts death, which included use of his material? If this isn't ripping someone off I don't know what is! I couldn't give a flying fuck if Dave writes about Kurt, Courtney or the man in the moon! The fact is it's every other fucker who has a hang up over the link Dave has with Nirvana. Get over it!

PS I can't think of one song the Foo's have done that make me think, shit! what a Nirvana rip off! There will never be another Nirvana!

FF4889
August 26th 2005, 07:02 AM
PS I can't think of one song the Foo's have done that make me think, shit! what a Nirvana rip off! There will never be another Nirvana!

Im pretty sure the guy that said Foo Fighters rip off Nirvana was being sarcastic...

grohlette
August 26th 2005, 07:17 AM
Im pretty sure the guy that said Foo Fighters rip off Nirvana was being sarcastic...

Maybe, maybe not. I made my point and rest my case.

Sarah UK
August 26th 2005, 01:38 PM
for fuck sake!!!!!
not every album has a song about him. BIG ME IS ABOUT HIS BREAKUP FROM DAVES FIRST WIFE as he has said countless times,

my hero is NOT abot kurt, again something dave has stated#

feb stars isnt about kurt just because feb happens to be his birthmonth.

halo...im not even going to start on that song.

im so fucking fed up woth all the nirvana fans who are obbsessed with the fact that dave has made a success of himself without nirvana. he dosnt have a kurt shrine in his home for gods sake.

kurts dead. dave is a better musician than him. so the fuck what.

grohlette
August 26th 2005, 04:50 PM
I don't think people are self obsessed that Dave has made success for himself without Nirvana. To be honest without Nirvana I would never have known who Dave Grohl was? Sure...it's a real shitter that there are so many comparisons made between Dave & Kurt. But it would be no different if Kris Novoselic was the lead singer in a band. Like it or not Nirvana are a big part of grunge history. Dave was part of that. I'm damn sure no-one here is questioning Dave's ability as an individual artist. I am a Nirvana fan but I would never compare the Foo's to Nirvana because you are talking two different styles. I'm lovin the Foo's but let's not get on a downer about the group that helped him on his journey?

Lucie
August 27th 2005, 11:29 AM

christ, are you stupid? i was MOCKING journalists, the general public and fans who continually bleat on about the foos in comparison to nirvana, kurt cobain and courtney fucking love.

grohlette
August 27th 2005, 11:45 AM
christ, are you stupid? i was MOCKING journalists, the general public and fans who continually bleat on about the foos in comparison to nirvana, kurt cobain and courtney fucking love.

No I'm not stupid. Do you look like Mavis Cruet?

Lucie
August 27th 2005, 12:32 PM
No I'm not stupid. Do you look like Mavis Cruet?

unfortunately yes :( i'm not as posh though.

grohlette
August 27th 2005, 12:36 PM
unfortunately yes :( i'm not as posh though.

LOL! You are funny! I was an avid Willow the Wisp watcher! Evil Edna spooked the hell out of me! And that little doggy thing was soooo cute was it called the moog or something?

smokemeimdope
August 27th 2005, 01:12 PM
this thread is cerainly interesting at some points, but at others, i feel some of you may be lost, because i think everyone is argueing three different points. i think hank asked if any songs were about Kurt, and then other posters got on the topic of whether or not song/s may be dedicated to him. because IMO, a song may be dedicated to a person, yet have a meaning all of it's own and not intended to reflect that of the person, in this case, Kurt.

and btw, hank, sorry, i don't know anything. :( :rolleyes:

grohlette
August 27th 2005, 02:18 PM
See the trouble it causes when people make sarcastic and mocking comments! You end up argueing in all different directions....personally I blame Hank for posting the thread in the first place!

I'm Joking by the way!!!!! Much love to Hank : o )

foofighters199
August 28th 2005, 05:31 AM
friend of a friend

Sarah UK
August 29th 2005, 10:29 PM
friend of a friend

that is the ONLY song.
topic complete.

End Over End
August 30th 2005, 01:48 AM
Do the Foo Fighters have any songs about Trent Reznor?

sticks
August 30th 2005, 04:13 AM
for fuck sake!

what are you saying :confused: dick head

whenisaywhen
August 30th 2005, 09:28 AM
Yep. Friend of a friend was the only one about KC. Dave wrote it when he moved to Olympia to join Nirvana. He was living in a tiny apartment with Kurt, and they had a 4-track.He recorded Friend of a Friend and a song called Marigold, which became a Nirvana b-side.It was written before anything happened with Nirvana. Dave said:
" Everyone tries to find a correlation to Nirvana in every song i write. I just tell them there are a lot of people in the world who I love and hate, not just two. But that song IS about Kurt, Krist, and me.I'd just joined the band, they were strangers to me. It made sence to put it on the acoustic record because there were'nt many songs that were just guitar and vocals."

So there it is straight from the man himself!!!!

ZachJT93
August 30th 2005, 12:36 PM
what are you saying :confused: dick head
Anyone who dises kurt should shoot themselve :mad:

ZachJT93
August 30th 2005, 12:39 PM
Do the Foo Fighters have any songs about Trent Reznor?
FOO FIGHTERS ROCK U KNOB CHEESE :mad:

monkey_fish
August 30th 2005, 06:47 PM

i agree...

Geanna Beanna
August 30th 2005, 10:34 PM
for fuck sake!!!!!
not every album has a song about him. BIG ME IS ABOUT HIS BREAKUP FROM DAVES FIRST WIFE as he has said countless times,

my hero is NOT abot kurt, again something dave has stated#

feb stars isnt about kurt just because feb happens to be his birthmonth.

halo...im not even going to start on that song.

im so fucking fed up woth all the nirvana fans who are obbsessed with the fact that dave has made a success of himself without nirvana. he dosnt have a kurt shrine in his home for gods sake.

Um, there is no need to be mean about it! U are telling me if roles were reversed all foo/Dave fans would not be interested in songs about him? Ha, they most certainly would! Yes, Dave was in Nirvana, and they were/are an important band to people so deal with it!

foofighter606
September 6th 2005, 09:19 AM
EVERY FF song EVER is about kurt, dontcha know? the only point to FF's musical being is to rip off nirvana musically and write lyrics about kurt. sheesh, i wish dave would move on, don't you?

the foos music is way more advanced technically and lyrically than Nirvana's. Does In Your Honour, the song, sound anything like something Kurt wrote to you?
My Hero was written about comercial rock stars who think that they're better than everyone.

JesusChristAlmighty
September 7th 2005, 03:14 PM
oh dear?!

billycorgan
September 7th 2005, 03:28 PM
the foos music is way more advanced technically and lyrically than Nirvana's. Does In Your Honour, the song, sound anything like something Kurt wrote to you?
My Hero was written about comercial rock stars who think that they're better than everyone.

technically and lyrically? mesa boogie cranked > im called a cow?
what are you talking about?

nirvana was more advanced lyrically as well as technically...the production on their albums was increadible...it doesnt get much better than butch vig (simese dream, nevermind) or steve albini (dolittle, in utero)...foo fighters are a pop rock band...they fucking rock...but i dont think anyone should be allowed to compare let alone say they are better than nirvana.

StephG
September 22nd 2005, 02:08 AM

Yea, I heard somewhere that My Hero was about Kurt. If Dave can write about Courtney Love (Stacked Actors) then we can only hope that he had a song in him for Kurt...

Aidan Ralph
September 23rd 2005, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=squaresville]Itīs funny everybody thinks that all songs are about Cobain and C.Love, do you guys think that all the songs paul McCartney writes is about John Lennon and Linda McCartney????QUOTE]
Yes

Lucie
September 23rd 2005, 09:21 PM

Lordy lordy... I'm being SARCASTIC and mocking the afflicted who are uanble to grasp Nirvana are over, and the Foos are now...

foo-fan
November 23rd 2005, 09:57 AM
hey
I heard that halo was apparatly written about kurt but thats not for definate

halo1974
November 23rd 2005, 01:16 PM
Friend of a Friend is about Kurt for sure.....
"He's never been in love, but he knows just what love is..."
Dave does NOT like Courtney at all
"He says Nevermind..."
Nevermind Album
"I think I drink too much cause when he tells his two best friends..."
Dave and Chris Novoseic
Thats my take on it anyways. I'm sure Dave misses Kurt more than we know.
Bye, Pam

unomike
November 24th 2005, 12:47 AM
F of an F

unomike
November 24th 2005, 12:48 AM
My bad, I wrote F of an F. Should be F of a F.

nend
November 28th 2005, 07:29 PM
there was a rumour going round YEARS ago that ill stick around was about kurt

personally i think that anyone has the right to question the matter of kurt in any of the foos song, if dave wants to right about kurt then let him. its just that people have paddies that dave is only where he is now because of kurt, maybe he is, and they say that it is completely disrespectful for dave to write a song about kurt . . . how? they were in a fucking band together, they were good friends, whats so fucking bad about writing a song about a fucking guy who still took a shit every day but people think he is a god because he was in a fairly decent band

nend
November 28th 2005, 07:33 PM
and another thing hes been dead for 11 fucking years, its about time people started remembering that, hes dead, get over it, sure we can remember him, but theres no point in any time dave says something or writes a song that we should immediatly compare it to nirvana or if its about kurt. dimebag died around 12 months ago and you dont hear people still going on about him as much as kurt, and he was a much more talented person in my eyes

nend
November 28th 2005, 07:37 PM
Anyone who dises kurt should shoot themselve :mad:

i dont think they'd wanna follow in his footsteps

davegrohlisgod!!!
November 28th 2005, 09:38 PM
""i dont think they'd wanna follow in his footsteps""

LOL!!
I have to agree though, nobody should dis Kurt, he's a legend and changed rock history for christ sake!!!

Sure Dave is bound to have written certain songs about Kurt, but WHY SHOULD IT MATTER!!! As long as the music is good (which it is), it doesn't matter what it's about.

I get fed up of people comparing Nirvana and Foo Fighters, they are 2 seperate entities and are completely different styles of music. Dave Grohl is a legend, and I just wonder how much better Nirvana would have been if he had had a greater input with the music.

Also, lets face it, if Dave hadn't been in Nirvana the Foo Fighters would never have formed!!! So although Nirvana is in the past, let's not forget that the talent of Kurt basically got Dave where he is today (and where he rightly should be!!!)

Bessy_Grohl
November 29th 2005, 12:27 PM
breakout which again is about getting over him

i'm sorry, i haven't read the rest of the thread....but what?? that's bullshit. i don't know what you've been reading but Dave himself has said (and i quote....from Fooarchive.com)

"'Breakout' started off almost as a joke, just a play on the word and taking the piss out of your typical tortured romance love story. It's supposed to seem kinda ridiculous because I can't imagine anyone wanting to break off a relationship just because they have acne, y'know?"

so, straight from Dave. there you go.

and all this comparing of Dave and Kurt....i don't think i'm gonna bother....this is something that will never end. they're both completly different people and musicians and i hope that one day people will stop mentioning Nirvana all the time. i mean, yes, i love them....but Dave's more then that.

T@ylor
November 29th 2005, 12:38 PM

My Hero:
"That's my way of saying that when I was young, I didn't have big rock heroes, I didn't want to grow up and be some big sporting hero. My heroes were ordinary people and the people that I have a lot of respect for are just solid everyday people - people you can rely on."
- Dave -

Rockin-In-The-Free-World
November 29th 2005, 02:29 PM
Dave gives nothing away about anything Kurt related...we'll never know...unless we bribe him millions of dollars to spill the beans (if there are any beans about Kurt at all :D)

unomike
November 30th 2005, 09:41 PM
Dave gives nothing away about anything Kurt related...we'll never know...unless we bribe him millions of dollars to spill the beans (if there are any beans about Kurt at all :D)

except Friend of a Friend...he did admit to that

Egg Over Nog
November 30th 2005, 11:00 PM
Yeah, Friend of a Friend is the only Foo Fighters song about Kurt Cobain.

Foobee
December 1st 2005, 12:46 AM
feb stars!? :confused:

Sunny
December 1st 2005, 01:01 AM
"Hey Johnny Park" has the most references to someone who could be Kurt (may he rest in peace). Dave said in an interview that in Nirvana, he used to just sit and wonder what Kurt was going to do next, like jump on his set or smash a guitar or just leave. Lyric: "I sit and watch your every move (mood)"(i forget which). The other lyric about eyes from blind to blue is a wonderful metaphor and could also be Kurt. And lots of other short phrases. And---
"Aurora"--hell yeah i remember...all this time. Makes you wonder.

FooFighter1925
December 12th 2005, 02:35 AM
friend of a friend is about him,
its on the new acoustic cd...

Lucie
December 19th 2005, 09:15 PM
dimebag died around 12 months ago and you dont hear people still going on about him as much as kurt, and he was a much more talented person in my eyes

word to the wise! the guy was a god, and IMO his death was more tragic because he was murdered, whereas kurt's was self inflicted.

Bessy_Grohl
December 20th 2005, 11:48 AM
not wanting to contradict what i've previously said....i've gotta say, lately i've been thinking that My Hero really sounds like it could be about Kurt....
'too alarming now to talk about,
take your pictures down....'
'truth or consequence??'
'don't the best of them bleed it out??
while the rest of them peter out??' - that reminds me of Kurt's 'it's better to burn out then fade away.'
i know that Dave said My Hero is about having ordinary heroes etc, and i'm someone who is very sceptical about songs being about Kurt (i don't believe that there really are any) - but i can't stop thinking about how these lyrics fit. however, when you think about it, a lot do, and you could say that every second song is Kurt-related....which is what people are doing in this thread....

oh, forget it.

Sarah UK
December 21st 2005, 01:00 PM
ok, so i check on this thread every so often, but jees, 11 years!
get over it! i went through the nirvana faze, for about 5 months last year, but i realized that that there was no point. hes dead.

dave MAY have had kurt in mind when he wrote some of the early stuff, but surly after 10 years of song writing, he has found a different muse?
he re-did f of a f,. surly if he is still writing songs about kurt he would have writen a new one, not re-used the old.

jimlizardking_71
January 16th 2008, 04:41 AM
Lordy lordy... I'm being SARCASTIC and mocking the afflicted who are uanble to grasp Nirvana are over, and the Foos are now... Here, here...oh so true Mavis. :cool: "There are times when from great sadness, comes greatness"- Jim lizardking_71

Mafalda
January 16th 2008, 07:57 PM
Friend Of A Friend No. Let It Die Is Dedicated To Kurt And Courtney.

:) :) :)

klraider
March 6th 2008, 03:22 AM
Your James Dean quote was very good!

Gina72
March 6th 2008, 04:40 AM
not wanting to contradict what i've previously said....i've gotta say, lately i've been thinking that My Hero really sounds like it could be about Kurt....
'too alarming now to talk about,
take your pictures down....'
'truth or consequence??'
'don't the best of them bleed it out??
while the rest of them peter out??' - that reminds me of Kurt's 'it's better to burn out then fade away.'
i know that Dave said My Hero is about having ordinary heroes etc, and i'm someone who is very sceptical about songs being about Kurt (i don't believe that there really are any) - but i can't stop thinking about how these lyrics fit. however, when you think about it, a lot do, and you could say that every second song is Kurt-related....which is what people are doing in this thread....

oh, forget it.

yah I'm feeling this too. Dave didn't want people reading into every song he wrote, but I believe he could have just said My Hero was about ordinary people, but maybe Kurt inspired some of the lyrics? Honestly I believe Lucy in the Sky is about LSD, even though John denies it..the words are just to trippy not to be about tripping..:rolleyes:

Friend Of A Friend No. Let It Die Is Dedicated To Kurt And Courtney.

:) :) :)

Dave said Let it Die is NOT about Courtney and Kurt in a very recent interview. And he knew "That would happen" (people reading into that song).

Ryan
March 6th 2008, 06:01 AM
Friend of a Friend is the ONLY song.

Like Dave has said a million times before, he had a life before those 3 short years in Nirvana, during it, and as we all most certainly know, after. Take it from the man himself, there is only one, thats it.

You're just wasting your time.

Ryan
March 6th 2008, 06:06 AM
Who the hell cares anyway?

Aren't these songs supposed to mean something to you?

Ryan
March 6th 2008, 06:07 AM
Want a song about Kurt Cobain? there you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tearjerker_%28Red_Hot_Chili_Peppers%29

Most people also forget, technically Friend of a Friend is about both Nirvana bandmates.

Ryan
March 6th 2008, 06:11 AM
February Stars as kurts birthday was in feb

Do you realize this song was written before he joined Nirvana? :rolleyes:

vickielp
March 7th 2008, 06:30 PM
I heard Dave in an interview say that "Hey Johnny Park" was about a friend of his from his childhood he'd lost contact with, and he thought if he wrote the song and the guy happened to hear it, he'd look Dave up. Anyway, there might be a few songs about Kurt, but I don't think he obsesses about him, and everything is about him. Yeah, he probably has all his walls plastered with his pictures, chants his name every morning, and wears Kurt's old clothes in secret. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten Kurt, but he has probably moved on.