PDA

View Full Version : I Have Lost The Tickets To A Show, What Can I Do?

malbuerne
June 15th 2011, 07:50 AM
hI!

My name is Maria, and I’m writing to see if could help me with a problem I have with my tickets for the Foo Fighters show which will take place in Madrid on the 6th of July.

I bought 3 tickets on the 15th of March at www.livenation.es, which was the day they were out for sale, and I had them printed on April, the problem is that in May I moved from one flat to other and now I’m unable to find them. I have talked to the company who sold me the tickets to see if they can cancel the tickets I have printed so that I could print them again, and that means no duplication of the tickets because the first ones are useless. But they say that it is impossible, I ask them to pay for the tickets again, I’ll do almost anything, but they say that they canīt give me the seat I have chosen.

I am really sad about what happened, it is the first time in my life that I lose a ticket and I have been waiting to see Foo Fighters since I was 16 (and I am 31 years old now) because I lived far from Madrid. Add to this fact, I feel very very bad because I havenīt lost just my ticket, I also has lost my boyfriend’s one a friend of us’ ticket, who has asked for a free day at work to attend to the concert because he lives 500km away from Madrid.
I know that it is difficult but I donīt know what else can I do, I am desperate, thatīs why I thought about writing you, just in case you could help me, I donīt know who else can I talk to. If you could help me in any way I would be grateful.

Thank you very much

Maria

kfpandas
June 15th 2011, 08:00 AM
I've lost tickets to shows before. I usually just call the ticket distributor and tell them I never received my tickets in the mail and they either send me new ones or send the venue tickets to be held at will call. As long as it's a day or two before the show they should be able to send you new ones.

I'm not sure if it'll be the same for you, but I would definitely try it out. I hope you get your tickets!

malbuerne
June 15th 2011, 08:43 AM
I have already talked to the company who sells the tickets and thay say that It is not possible to send me a new ones, they say that it is to avoid people selling false tickets. I donīt know what else I can do. Do you know an email where I can contact someone who organices Foo Fighters tour? just in case they may help me. I am feel very very bad.

Thank you for your help

aprilshack
June 15th 2011, 10:20 AM
I would phone them again, asking why the tickets have not been sent out.If they say anything, tell them last time you spoke there was a misunderstanding.Say you can't expect to go to the show if they haven't sent the tickets/sent an ticket by email.You are going to have to lie through your teeth I'm afraid! You have nothing to loose by doing this.I wouldn't feel guilty either, since they seem so damn unhelpful!

malbuerne
June 15th 2011, 11:24 AM
The problem is that you are supposed to get you ticktets with your credit card in a bank so the bank has registered that i have already got my tickets. I have talked to the bank, to the ticket selling compay, to the place where the concert will take place and all of them have told me the same "sorry but we can do nothing, it is not our business" I canīt belive that after all I wonīt be able to go to the concert.

Do you have any email address of the tour organization just in case I could mail them and ask them for help.

Thank you

Lee
June 15th 2011, 11:33 AM
Don't you have a record of the sale in your email account?

malbuerne
June 15th 2011, 11:46 AM
Yes but they say that I canīt use it because I have already printed and once you have them printed it is your own responsability.

I know I shouldnīt have lost them but I think that there have to be any solution I canīt understand way they canīt give me a new one.

malbuerne
June 15th 2011, 11:54 AM
They make you rpint them in a bank terminal so you donīt have an option to save as an image or reprint it. Thatīs way I am trying to contact to someone of the tour organization maybe they understand my problem and they give me a solution. But I canīt find any email address where I can write to ask for help

malbuerne
June 15th 2011, 12:40 PM
So I guess everything is lost because they have told me that they canīt do anything.

aprilshack
June 15th 2011, 01:03 PM
So I guess everything is lost because they have told me that they canīt do anything.

Phone them again & ask to speak to a manager.Explain the situation.Ask if you could collect new tickets at the box office on the day.You'll have to bring ID & the bank card you bought the tickets on.There is no harm & nothing to loose if you ring them again.

If there is no joy, ask for an email address you can write a complaint to.I wouldn't give up just yet.

malbuerne
June 15th 2011, 01:45 PM
The problem is that I have phoned for several times and I have offer them to go to the office before the concert with the identification and they told me that the wonīt alloded me to go in without the tickets printed on the bank and that the one who os at the office wonīt give new tickets. I donīt want to give up but I donīt know whar else can I do, I have been waitin 15 years to attend to a foo Fighters concert an now an administrative problem doesnīt let me go. The worst of all is that in Spain if you know someone who is workin at the acceses of the place where the concert takes place they let you in for free and I wonīt be able to get in and I have bought my tickets.

I am really sad about that and I canīt even complain because they say that it is my fault because I have lost the tickets, and thats true but I'm human and that kind of things happen everyday. Well Iīll try to talk again to LIVE NATION, but the last time they told me that there was no use, that they coulnīt do anything

foonut
June 15th 2011, 03:23 PM
Phone them again & ask to speak to a manager.Explain the situation.Ask if you could collect new tickets at the box office on the day.You'll have to bring ID & the bank card you bought the tickets on.There is no harm & nothing to loose if you ring them again.

If there is no joy, ask for an email address you can write a complaint to.I wouldn't give up just yet.

My mom lost my Foo tickets back when I was a teeny bopper. I ended up being able to pick up new tickets like this at the Box Office.
MAN I feel your pain!!! :( I really really hope you can figure this out!!!

forgotaboutsteve
June 15th 2011, 04:48 PM
Contact the u.s. offices of live nation since they are based here, maybe they can give live nation Spain a little kick in the ass.

malbuerne
June 16th 2011, 07:20 AM
I have written an email to the US office, letīs see if they can do something, becuse in Spain they say they are not going to do anything that it is not their business.

Thank you for you help!!

Maria

malbuerne
June 16th 2011, 07:30 PM
I have talked to LIVE NATION US and they tell me that it has to be mend in Spain and in Spain they say that it is not their business...

If you have any othe idea i am willing to know. This is very frustraiting I am about to cry...

Thanks everyone for your help

gemee
June 16th 2011, 10:22 PM
At this point you are going to have to just suck it up and consider it a life lesson. Buy three more tickets and go to the show.
Hopefully you will find the "lost" tickets before the show.

leafsguy
June 17th 2011, 03:20 AM
The only other option I can think of would be to email Foo management and explain your situation. Try to include the most detail you can (dates, times, who you spoke with, etc.).

www.sammusicbiz.com - website

info@sammusicbiz.com - email to management company

Best of luck!

Knoxy
June 17th 2011, 03:29 AM
Very sad, but Live Nation are the only ones who can help you.

Cosmo
June 17th 2011, 06:01 AM
This happened to me once... I lost the tickets. Here is what I did:
I went to the venue and checked with the box office. I brought a copy of the confirmation E-Mail that had the confirmation number.
They asked for a valid picture ID and the credit card that was used to purchase the tickets. They were able to void the original scan on the original tickets and printed up a new pair.
Hope this works out for you... good luck.

malbuerne
June 17th 2011, 11:35 PM
I have written to the management company to see if they can help me, thatīs my only chance.

The Spanish company says that they canīt print a new ones because there might be 2 people with the same ticket and them the show would be too crowded. The problem in Spain is that they donīt want to spend money in security checking the tickets codes so if you duplicate one ticket two people can go in with it.

There in the States it work much better, they cancel the first one and they secon oone is the one that let you in.

I hope the management company would help me, but i think it is very very difficult

Cosmo
June 18th 2011, 02:06 AM
I have written to the management company to see if they can help me, thatīs my only chance.

The Spanish company says that they canīt print a new ones because there might be 2 people with the same ticket and them the show would be too crowded. The problem in Spain is that they donīt want to spend money in security checking the tickets codes so if you duplicate one ticket two people can go in with it.

There in the States it work much better, they cancel the first one and they secon oone is the one that let you in.

I hope the management company would help me, but i think it is very very difficult
The way the tickets work... normally work... is by scanning the bar code on the ticket. Once the ticket is scanned, it is recorded in the database and cannot be scanned again. If you can prove you are who you say you are (picture ID and the same credit card on your person), they can cancel out the ones originally sent out.
If the ticket has already been scanned, that means someone else has the tickets and are already in the venue. If the person who stole/found your original tickets tries to come in after you have had them cancelled, they will not scan correctly at the turnstiles and that holder will not be let in.
This keeps people from selling the tickets, then reporting them stolen and selling or using the second pair.

malbuerne
June 18th 2011, 09:30 AM
Theat how it shoul be but here they donīt have a scanne to scan the code, they have a guay who cuts a piece of the ticket and doesnīt check if it is even legal, This year the Lady Gagaīs concert was all over the newspapers because 1000 people went in with fotocopis an a lot of people who have buy their tickets in a legal way had to stay out.

It is a shit how things work here...

janjan
June 18th 2011, 06:02 PM
Youve got in touch with people who moved into your old flat havent you? just incase they saw them or anything?

malbuerne
June 20th 2011, 09:28 AM
Yes I have.

The last thing I have done was writting to the spanish newspapers just in case they have concert passes, but I donīt think so...

I guess this time there is nothing left to do, I have lost the tickets we have to miss the concert